What chips should and should not be served at your next party
Pack your party with fun, not calories!
Despite the lovely display of appetizers and signature cocktails at your party, some guests have less-than-appreciative palates. No matter how many tantalizing treats you may create, the "grazers" at your party, the ones who constantly go between chatting and chewing, are scanning the food table for a treat they can take on the go. The go-to snack that transcends all preferences and tastes? The potato chip.
Simple in design and flavor, the plain salted potato chip has been a staple at parties since they were invented. Serving chips is as simple as opening a bag and pouring them into a wide bowl, so the potato chip is perfect for filling up that last-minute empty space on the serving table. And in fact, when they’re eaten at the recommended serving size, the popular junk food isn’t a completely terrible snack to get you through a few hours before a bigger meal. The unfortunate thing about potato chips is that practically no one can have just one, or even just one handful.
The addictive qualities in potato chips are not hard to understand. They are greasy, salty, and practically paper thin — so naturally we go back for seconds (or 15ths, but who is counting?). We get sucked into mindlessly eating them, even at parties, and before you know it, we’ve consumed half a day’s calories in chips alone. Don’t think it is possible? While many of the chips we examined seem to have the same calorie count at first glance, the number of chips in a serving size can drastically change your caloric intake. For instance, a serving of Ruffles, 12 chips, is equal 160 calories. But compare this to another brand like Lay’s, which allows you 15 chips for 160 calories, and it’s easy to see that not all chips are created equal.
But even so, grabbing three handfuls of them brings you nearly to 500 calories. And that is without the dip! So to help you party smarter, we ranked a selection of potato chips from unhealthiest to healthiest so you can satisfy guests without compromising their health completely.
The Unhealthiest Chips On The Planet
Sometimes when a craving hits, a stick of celery or piece of fruit just doesn't cut it. All chips aren't created equal and some cause greater damage to your diet than others. While some varieties of these snacks only set you back a bit, other potato chips, bagged popcorn, pretzels, and more can undo weeks worth of diet and exercise. Packed with saturated fat, salt, and even sugar, these unhealthiest chips are empty calorie bombs with the potential to make anyone feel sluggish after eating only a single serving of their favorite unhealthy crispy snack.
To determine which culprits could claim the title of "worst chip," we ranked the overall amount of fat and sodium in each snack, as well as how many pieces of the snack comprised its serving size to create a list that concludes with the very worst chips possible. We looked at all types of chips—not just potato! By steering clear of these calorie nightmares, you can manage the perfect balance when it comes to picking out healthier snacks and keep the pounds from packing on.
From kind of bad to the absolute worst, here are the unhealthiest chips on the planet. And for more, don't miss these 15 Classic American Desserts That Deserve a Comeback.
DIY Healthy Potato Chips
Make healthy homemade potato chips in minutes. Buy here: https://www.vat19.com/item/healthy-potato-chip-maker ******************* Please subscribe: http://www.youtube.com/user/vat19com Hundreds more curiously awesome products: http://www.vat19.com/?adid=youtube Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/vat19 Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/vat19 ******************* Serve up crispy oil-free chips with the Healthy Potato Chip Maker. In no time, this handy kitchen device turns a raw potato into delicious chips using only a microwave. Simply slide a spud along the mandoline blade (integrated into the lid!) to create starchy coins that are just the right thickness. The Chip Maker comes with a handle to protect your fingers from the slicing blade. Then load the slices into the slots of the basket and pop them in the microwave for a few minutes until they&rsquore perfectly crunchy chips—no oil required! The chips are delicious on their own, but you can spice things up with salt or something more exotic like paprika. The Chip Maker also works great with other vegetables like sweet potatoes, cassava, zucchini, eggplant, and apples. ******************* To check out the latest curiously awesome products from Vat19.com, click here: http://www.vat19.com/new?adid=youtube For the most popular items on Vat19, click here: http://www.vat19.com/most-popular?adid=youtube
Video taken from the channel: Vat19
french fries and some burger - food and drink (iStock)
No, these won’t count as part of your vegetable intake for the day. A medium order of fries weighs in at around 365 calories and around 17 grams of fat. If you’re counting carbs, count all the way to 40 grams. Since these are generally eaten as a side and not an on-its-own snack, you can expect to be tipping the scales on the heavy side for the day.
Takis are rolled tortilla chips that truly bring the heat. And with that extreme taste of fire comes more than 400 milligrams of sodium. Again, these chips are very small, so it's far too easy to eat this entire bag in one sitting. If you can take the heat, that is.
If you're looking to stay on track with your weight-loss goals, learn how to fire up your metabolism and lose weight the smart way here.
You're most likely catching on to the fact that if a snack is high in calories, fat, sodium, and sugar, it's a total no-go, as there's a good chance they're not serving up anything good for you. That's what you're going to find in most mini-pastries. Take for example Hostess' Suzy Q's. You'll see first up on the miles-long ingredients list is sugar, followed by high fructose corn syrup. There is virtually no fiber here either, so you'll be hungry not too long after eating one of these sugar bombs.
5 Low Carb Food Swaps Cut 100+ Carbs a Day
Here are 5 low carb food swaps from breakfast to dessert that will effortlessly and deliciously cut more than 100 carbs out of your day..
Download the List of 100 Low-Carb Foods Here: https://www.drbeckyfitness.com/low-carb-food-list/.
Work with Dr. Becky:
Get started with Dr. Becky for free: Learn her 4 Daily Habits (0,1,2,3 Strategy) for Weight Loss: http://www.drbeckyfitness.com/4DailyHabits.
Are you up for the challenge? Take our 21-Day LOW-CARB or KETO Challenge: https://www.drbeckyfitness.com/get-started-2/.
Reach your goal by joining Dr. Becky’s Freedom Weight Loss Coaching Program: https://www.drbeckyfitness.com/weight-loss-coaching-program-fhp-2/.
For Products Shown in Videos: http://www.amazon.com/shop/beckygillaspy (affiliate/paid link).
Like Dr. Becky Fitness on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/DrBeckyFitness.
Join Dr. Becky on Instagram: @drbeckyfitness.
Join Dr. Becky on Twitter @DrBeckyFitness.
Visit Dr. Becky’s 2nd YouTube Channel: 2 Fit Docs https://www.youtube.com/2fitdocs.
More Videos by Dr. Becky:
Is Breakfast Really the Most Important Meal of Your Day? https://youtu.be/pXPQMPVt00Y.
Low-Carb/High-Fat Salad Recipe: https://youtu.be/zVOGZzzwfiY.
You’ve Cut Carbs…Now What Do You Eat? https://youtu.be/LN3pYh4rTH0.
5 Low-Carb, High-Fat Foods to Eat Every day: https://youtu.be/ntJa3FSzZ08.
Disclaimer: Dr. Becky Gillaspy, DC received her Doctor of Chiropractic degree from Palmer College of Chiropractic in 1991. Her use of &ldquodoctor&rdquo or &ldquoDr.&rdquo in relation to herself solely refers to that degree. Dr. Gillaspy was a licensed chiropractor in Pennsylvania, but she no longer practices chiropractic in any state and does not see patients. This video is for general informational purposes only. It should not be used to self-diagnose and it is not a substitute for a medical exam, cure, treatment, diagnosis, and prescription or recommendation. It does not create a doctor-patient relationship between Dr. Gillaspy and you. You should not make any change in your health regimen or diet before first consulting a physician and obtaining a medical exam, diagnosis, and recommendation. Always seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Dr Becky Fitness LLC and Dr. Rebecca Gillaspy, D.C. are not liable or responsible for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any conclusions drawn, services or product you obtain through this video or site.
Video taken from the channel: Dr. Becky Gillaspy
9 Better-for-You Potato Chip Swaps Patricia Bannan, MS, RDN updated on January 25, 2018 Overview PREV 1 of 11 START Potatoes are definitely America’s favorite vegetable. According to the Northern Plains Potato Growers Association, the potato chip was invented in 1853 and has been America’s #1 snack food for more than 50 years.Read more: 9 Better-for-You Potato Chip Swaps Which Cooking Oil Is Best? “While some oils are healthier than others, the type of oil used in potato chips won’t make a huge nutritional difference or significance for overall health,” Rahaf Al Bochi, RDN and spokesperson for the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, tells LIVESTRONG.com.Potato forms high levels of something called acrylamide when heated to high temperatures.
Acrylamide is toxic, which is a significant reason that heated potatoes are so unhealthy. Taro forms acrylamide when heated as well. But it does so at significantly lower levels. Which makes these chips a better for you.
Click here for the 9 Healthiest and Unhealthiest Potato Chips (Slideshow) Simple in design and flavor, the plain salted potato chip has been a staple at parties since they were invented. Serving chips is as simple as opening a bag and pouring them into a wide bowl, so the potato chip is perfect for filling up that last-minute empty space on the.9 Better-for-You Potato Chip Swaps.
Desserts and Snacks Everything You Need to Know About 11 New Food Trends. Nutrition Basics 13 Healthy 3-Ingredient Snacks That Crush Cravings. Nutrition Basics 8 Easy Eco-Friendly Food Swaps You Can Make Today. Nutrition Basics.Read more: 9 Better-for-You Potato Chip Swaps.
Credit: bhofack2/iStock/Getty Images Tired potato chips are off this years’ menus, replaced by healthier alternatives like sweet potato chips (high in vitamin A) or whole-grain varieties. Another option? Serve up some kale chips.
Simply wash, trim and dry kale leaves, coat lightly with olive oil.9. Bean Chips. If chips are on your shopping list, try swapping your next bag of corn tortilla chips or potato chips for bean chips — the latest in chip research and development. Typically mixed with rice flour, bean chips are higher in protein and fiber than your average corn or potato chip.Related: 9 Better-for-You Potato Chip Swaps.
Credit: Describe the Fauna Finally, put the lid on and cover with aluminum foil to trap the smoke in. Turn the heat on high for about five minutes before lowering to medium. The heat will make the wood chips start smoking without actually lighting them on fire. Thin cuts and fish may only need 15.
Meanwhile, better-for-you chip alternatives often leave a lot to be desired in the flavor department. digest than the simple carbohydrates found in potato chips,&rdquo she says. likes to swap.Kale chips are a great replacement for potato chips because they&rsquoll still satisfy your need for something crunchy and salty without the guilt. Try adding in different.You won’t even be able to tell these dishes are better for you.
But if you’re jonesing for some potato chip crunch, veggie chips can be a great option without the guilt (i.e. tons of oil, salt.Read more: 9 Better-for-You Potato Chip Swaps. 5. Isolating Yourself. When it&rsquos cold out, it may be easy to burrow in and hibernate.
Or you may be avoiding human contact to avoid germs. In addition to diminishing your social network, choosing to isolate yourself from others can actually backfire when it comes to outrunning a cold or flu.5 Potato Chip Swaps. Posted by MRC Kitchen on January 21, 2020. You can always count on greasy chips at a party, but we’ve got you covered with clever swaps that are actually better than the original.
Here are 5 salty, crunchy, and totally scrumptious alternatives to those traditional calorie-packed potato chips.9 Better-for-You Potato Chip Swaps. Why Popchips is finally advertising on TV. Healthy Snack Maker Sweet on Southern California. Popchips “Potatoes” (2014):30 (USA) New Kind of Chip Pops on the Scene. video links 60 SECONDS TO BETTER HEALTH ON CHICAGO&rsquoS FOX 32: HOW TO WORKOUT QUICKLY & BE HEALTHY.
9 Better-for-You Potato Chip Swaps. Chips The 11 Best “Clean” Dark Chocolate Bars. Chocolate The Best and Worst Easter Candy. Other Desserts and Snacks 9 Healthy Nuts That May Help You Live Longer.
Nuts and Seeds 17 Easy 100-Calorie Snacks That Actually Satisfy. Healthy Snacks.
List of related literature:
You will use just one half from each potato, so you can throw away or cook the other two halves.
Meanwhile, in a blender or food processor, 4 cups low-sodium vegetable combine the onion, large-dice tomatoes, and broth 3⁄4 cup diced scrubbed potato garlic and blend into a paste.
Selection for chip quality and specific gravity of potato clones: possibilities for early generation selection.
Combine grated potatoes with onions, pan drippings, and bacon bits, stir in 1 egg, and add 1 or more T. bread crumbs to ensure a firm filling.
For on-line sorting, the important thing is to eliminate any defective individual potato, since the presence of a single one in a package can result in rejection by the consumer.
1 Peel the potatoes and cut each one into 6 to 8 pieces.
At the time of this writing, Taquitos.net has reviews of 1,016 potato chip varieties.
DSP or TSP also has been reported necessary in production of imitation or fabricated potato chips.
For creating great quality chips, potatoes should meet certain quality necessities.
Potatoes with high solids content produce more chips per pound, as shown in Table 8.4.
13. Pop-Secret Homestyle
Per 2 tbsp (32 g) unpopped (3.5 cups popped): 150 calories, 9 g fat (4.5 g saturated fat), 340 mg sodium, 16 g carbs (2 g fiber, 0 g sugar), 2 g protein
Besides the high sodium and fat content, we were also irked by Pop-Secret's addition of propyl gallate to their kernels. It might be classified as GRAS (generally recognized as safe), but a National Toxicology Program study reported an association with tumors in rats. Unfortunately, that study came out in 1982, and any significant findings since then are sparse. Before we eat anything, we'd rather have ample evidence suggesting an ingredient is safe rather than partial suggestions the additive could be an endocrine disruptor, just like BPA.
Potato Chips Calories and Nutrition
Despite their popularity, greasy potato chips are an energy-dense food with little nutritional value. In general, eating chips and similar fried, fatty foods can lead to an unhealthy diet, resulting in weight gain and negative effects on your health.
A standard serving of potato chips measures about 1 ounce and contains:
Chips contain some B-complex vitamins like vitamins B5 and B6, as well as potassium. They also contain small amounts of fiber, protein and other nutrients.
How Many Calories Does a Bag of Chips Have?
Although the sizes and weights of potato chips vary, 11 to 13 chips typically make up 1 ounce. Barbecue-flavored chips have about 150 calories per ounce, while cheese-flavored chips have about 160 calories per ounce.
One 1.5-ounce bag of Lay's Original, which is larger than the standard 1 ounce serving size, has 240 calories.
Regardless of their flavor, there are about 11 to 14 calories in one single potato.
If you want a lower-calorie alternative, look for chips that are popped rather than fried. For example, a 1-ounce serving of original-flavor Popchips consists of 23 chips and has 120 calories. As such, individual Popchips have about 5 calories per chip.
We found at least 10 Websites Listing below when search with healthiest potato chip brands on Search Engine
8 'Healthy' Chip Brands Ranked From Best to Worst
- “Compared with regular Kettle Brand Sea Salt potato chips, Kettle Brand lower fat chips have 20 fewer calories and three fewer grams of fat,” Namkoong says
Best Healthy Potato Chips: See If Your Fave Made The Cut
Swirled.com DA: 11 PA: 27 MOZ Rank: 39
- Most Terra chips go the alternative route, playing with all sorts of root veggies to up their health content
- But since we stuck to bonafide potato chips for this list, it was the Sweets Medley (AKA sweet potato chips) made with avocado oil than won out for the brand
- Check out that low sodium, too!
What Are the Healthiest Potato Chips
Livestrong.com DA: 18 PA: 50 MOZ Rank: 70
- An additional choice for healthiest chip included Kettle Brand Bakes Lightly Salted Potato Chips, which are thin chips that are available in a variety of flavors, including Hickory Honey BBQ
- Pop Chips All Natural Original Potato Chips also made the list
- These chips are made from potato flour, not potato slices, and are low in calories and fat.
5 Healthy Chips You Can Buy at the Store (And 4 to Avoid)
Tasteofhome.com DA: 19 PA: 37 MOZ Rank: 59
- Beanitos White or Black Bean Chips have only 130 calories per serving with 4 grams of fiber, 4 grams of protein and 6.5 grams of healthy fats
- The white bean-based flavors include sweet chili and sour cream and garden fresh salsa
- The Skinny Dippers variety contain 6% of your daily iron needs in a low-calorie serving.
11 Best Brand Name Chips for Weight Loss Eat This, Not That!
Eatthis.com DA: 15 PA: 38 MOZ Rank: 57
Kettle Brand 40% Less Fat Potato Chips, Sea Salt 13 chips : 130 calories, 6 g fat (0.5 g saturated fat), 160 mg sodium, 19 g carbs (1 g fiber, 0 g sugar), 2 g protein We love that there are only three ingredients in this chip: potatoes, oil and sea salt.
The 10 Best Potato Chip Brands in 2021, Reviewed The Manual
Themanual.com DA: 17 PA: 40 MOZ Rank: 62
- Healthiest Chip: Hawaiian Chip Company Taro Taro chips are dynamic and healthier than your traditional chip and quite popular in Hawaii especially
Best Chips: 35 of Your Favorite Brands—Ranked Eat This
Eatthis.com DA: 15 PA: 27 MOZ Rank: 48
- Kettle Brand Potato Chips, Sea Salt & Vinegar 1 oz serving (about 13 chips): 150 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 210 mg sodium, 16 g carbs, 1 g fiber, 0 g sugars, 2 g protein Sea Salt and Vinegar chips don't differ that much from previous two Kettle varieties, aside from their sodium content
- In fact, they actually contain no sugar.
10 Best Famous Potato Chips Brands in USA (2021)
Reviewsxp.com DA: 17 PA: 33 MOZ Rank: 57
- Next on the list is the Australian brand Red Rock Deli which crates tasty potato chips with the perfect balance of the salty and the savoury
- The company has had quite a good success in its origin country which is why PepsiCo, the company which owns Frito-Lay one of the largest snacks manufacturing brands, decided to bring it to the American customers.
8 best healthy chips that actually taste great Better
Bhg.com.au DA: 14 PA: 21 MOZ Rank: 43
- All-organic and a ketogenic favourite, Garden of Eatin’s Blue Corn Tortilla Chips are the healthiest crisps you can eat
- With almost zero saturated fat and an incredibly low salt content at 60 milligrams per serve, it’s the perfect snack for any health-conscious chips lover.
Healthiest and Unhealthiest Potato Chips
- If you’re going to snack on chips, you might as well make it Herr’s
- This potato chip brand lets you have 1 ounce (though we aren’t sure exactly how many chips this accounts for) for "only" 140 calories per serving
- 140 calories per serving (1 ounce)
This Study Just Revealed the Best Chips in the U.S. for
Tasteofhome.com DA: 19 PA: 33 MOZ Rank: 62
- The competition for America's favorite potato chips is stacked, but one brand stands out
- When it comes to potato chips, it’s safe to say that there is no shortage of options to choose from
- The salty, crunchy snacks have been around since the 1800s, so there’s been plenty of time to create new and unusual flavors.
Which potato chips brand are the healthiest
Quora.com DA: 13 PA: 44 MOZ Rank: 68
- Originally Answered: What is the healthiest brand of potato chips? Man, if you want healthy and delicious chips, you must go with your Baked Lays, Sun Chips of your choice, or the legendary (Reduced Fat) Cape Cod crisps
- There are none better on the planet
Potato Chip Brands That Use Healthier Oils Moms
Moms.com DA: 12 PA: 35 MOZ Rank: 59
- 1 José Andrés Potato Chips This artisanal brand of chips is brought to you by world renowned chef José Andrés
- Made in Spain, this premium chip is slow fried using extra virgin olive oil
- The chips were created in collaboration with Chipmaster Rafael del …
9 Healthiest and Unhealthiest Potato Chips for Your Party
- Click here for the 9 Healthiest and Unhealthiest Potato Chips (Slideshow) Simple in design and flavor, the plain salted potato chip has been a staple at parties since they were invented
- Serving chips is as simple as opening a bag and pouring them into a wide bowl, so the potato chip is perfect for filling up that last-minute
Healthiest and unhealthiest potato chips for a party Fox
Foxnews.com DA: 15 PA: 50 MOZ Rank: 79
- Simple in design and flavor, the plain salted potato chip has been a staple at parties since they were invented
- But compare this to another brand like Lay’s, which allows
The 14 Best Potato Chips Brands of 2020 You Can Order
Spy.com DA: 7 PA: 50 MOZ Rank: 72
- It’s no secret that the average bag of chips is fairly unhealthy
- That being said, the NutriWise Potato Chips aren’t your average bag of chips
- They come in a delicious barbecue crunch flavor and deliver a whopping 10 grams of protein and five grams of fiber
- Plus, they boast only 130 calories per
Healthier Versions of Your Favorite Junk Foods Reader's
Rd.com DA: 10 PA: 33 MOZ Rank: 59
- Baked potato chips cut nearly all of the fat from fried potato chips
- Luxocolat and Wawel brands sell a 90 percent cocoa dark Chips made from vegetables offer healthier …
13 Best Potato Chip Brands for 2020
- These sweet-potato chips give you the satisfying crunch of regular potato chips with an extra hint of sweetness
- And if you have any lingering guilt about chowing down on some chips (it's OK to indulge!), you can feel good knowing that each serving has 50% of your daily recommended amount of …
6 Healthiest and Unhealthiest Potato Chips
- The brand that markets itself as the healthy chip actually takes our number one spot for the healthiest chip
- Not only does a serving of Popchips amount to 120 calories, but you’re allowed to snack on 23 of them to reach that number
- Read more about the healthiest and unhealthiest chip brands on thedailymeal.com.
The 15 Regional Chip Brands We Wish Were Sold Nationwide
- These Louisiana potato chip makers were one of the first onto the spicy chip scene
- However, even after its explosive introduction into the snack world, the brand's popularity has not cooled down
- Today there is a range of tantalizing tastes including Cajun Dill Gator-Taters and a …
10 Healthy Chips and Dips for Super Bowl Sunday Cooking
- Compared to traditional potato chips, Kettle Brand Baked Potato Chips have 65% less in fat, but they don’t sacrifice a bit in flavor
- The best part about these perfectly addictive chips is the short and simple ingredient list—just potatoes, sea salt, and vegetable oil
- Extra bonus: The hearty serving size of 20 thick-cut potato chips.
Best Chip Brands for Diabetes EatingWell
Eatingwell.com DA: 18 PA: 46 MOZ Rank: 85
- 150 calories, 17 g carbs, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein, 8 g fat, 0.5 g sat fat, 0 g trans fat, 160 g sodium
- Cape Cod Kettle Cooked Potato Chips 40% Less Fat Sweet Mesquite Barbeque
- 130 calories, 18 g carbs, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein, 6 g fat, 0.5 g sat fat, 0 g trans fat, 150 mg sodium.
Healthy Chips: 8 Best Low-Calorie Potato Chips New Idea Food
- Another healthy hack is opting for baked not fried potato chips
- They won’t be as high in fat and are often baked using healthier oils
- As innovation thrives so does the chip industry
- We now have access to more chippies than ever before including chips made from chickpeas, sweet potato …
A definitive ranking of the 9 healthiest veggie chips
Wellandgood.com DA: 19 PA: 22 MOZ Rank: 64
- A definitive ranking of the most popular veggie chips
- Brad’s Plant Based Organic Kale Veggie Chips
- What Bonnie thinks: “These chips seem to have the right mix of nutrients: fiber and
7 Best Low Carb Keto Chips Brands To Buy [2020 Reveiew
Ketoasap.com DA: 16 PA: 23 MOZ Rank: 63
- The Quest Nutrition Protein Chips are a popular brand of high protein chips that are low carb, but also crunchy and crispy and most importantly, they are tasty
- Quest Nutrition Protein Chips offer a variety of flavors to satisfy everyone’s taste buds
- They have 8 different flavors available and those are Chilli Lime, Sour Cream & Onion, Ranch, Nacho Cheese, Loaded Taco, Cheddar and Sour
The Best Chips To Eat If You're On A Diet—Delish.com
Delish.com DA: 14 PA: 35 MOZ Rank: 74
Sweet potato chips seem healthy by nature, but if you choose the wrong brand, you could end up with way more fat, calories, and sodium than you think, but you won't have to …